11 Questions Tag

I was tagged by Cecilie to do this 11 questions tag, so let’s do it!

Tag rules:

- Each tagged person must answer the 11 questions given to them by their “tagger” and post it on their blog.
- Then, choose 11 new people to tag and link them in your post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their page and tell them they’ve been tagged!
- Do not tag back to the person who has already tagged you.

My answers:

1. When did you get truly passionate about makeup?

Between 7th and 8th grade my interest surfaced. I wore loads of black eyeshadow, eyeliner with points on the inner corners and my mothers old red lipstick. Went well with my bright purple hair. Haha. I started my serious makeup hoarding collecting about two years later.

2. What’s your favorite eyeshadow, (color or name)?

Out of pure beauty: Lily Lolo Pixie Sparkle. Out of everyday wearability: MAC Patina. Out of versatility: MAC Mystery.

3. What do you love the most about blogging?

Seeing huge effort come together and look effortless. It feels like laying the last piece of a puzzle! And the lovely reader response, of course.

4. Which beauty guru/-s or other people, inspire your work?

Makeup artist Pat McGrath is my number one. Not only because of her fantastic fantasy creations, it’s just that no one can do dewy/glowy skin like her. It’s otherworldly!

5. What are your three favorite makeup brands, that you would recommend to others?

Illamasqua and Urban Decay are my definite top two, but I’m unsure about the third one.. There are so many brands that I would like to mention but still not place higher than the rest. Maybe Wet n Wild? High quality cruelty free budget products, can’t say no.

6. Which country is the first one on your list, to visit?

Cuba or India, can’t really decide. Both countries seem so beautifully secretive in a way.

7. What’s your “go-to” beauty product?

Right now the Mineralize Concealer from MAC. Dab dab dab done!

8. What’s your favorite color to wear on the lips?

That’s a hard one, but I do love purples. Bright “primary” (I should probably say “secondary”, but I guess you know what I mean..) purples. They’re the perfect balance between freaky and normal! Apart from that I love dark fuchsias, they tend to look great against my colouring.

9. What other interests do you have, besides makeup?

I love watching movies. Love love love. My relation to horror films is probably quite unhealthy, my head is filled with them. (Drop your favourites in the comment section below, any sub-genre!)

10. From the makeup looks you’ve created, what’s your personal favorite?

I think it’s the My Little Pony look i did quite a while ago, the one that’s in my header. I just like how it came together. Colours, textures.. should probably recreate it in the future!

11. If you were a Disney princess, who would you be?

Haha oh my god, can’t even compare myself to the Disney princess concept.. I don’t like the predefined good girl-ness and the fact that all of them are semi-stupid (sorry to break it to you!). I feel more like Merlin from The Sword in the Stone or something. Any kind quirky confused thinker. Haha!

I’m tagging:

- Katta Kvack
- Purity
- Anatomy of Beauty
- Junesabstracts
- Vampy Varnish
- Vintertroll
- HippiSara
Zoffe’s Makeup
- Becca Babycake
- Fem Fina Färger
- Fusels

My 11 questions (translate them if you want!) for you are:

1. Why did you start your beauty blog?
2. If you were given the opportunity to recieve the makeup product of your dreams, what would it be?
3. What product in your stash is the most unnecessary?
4. Who is your style icon and why?
5. When you feel like pure sh*t, what skincare product is your must have to get back on track?
6. What product/colour would you never ever wear out?
7. What perfume/makeup/skincare/body care product makes you feel immortal?
8. What’s your biggest makeup sin(or guilty pleasure)?
9. Have you ever been judged (in a bad way) for being a beauty blogger?
10. Who is your biggest support in life?
11. Cat hair in all of your mascaras or a spit-crust on your three favourite eyeshadows?

1. erika writes

You should watch slither , it’s a really funny horror movie.

2. Emelie - Crazynails writes

Du borde tipsa om några riktigt bra skräckfilmer. Letar alltid men hittar aldrig någon bra som man blir riktigt rädd av :(

3. Silke writes

Fun to read!

I mostly love (older) horror comedies like the basket case trilogy, brain damage, killer tongue, and so on. I prefer my horror movies to be far from realistic, and the sillier the effects the better :)

4. Miriam writes

Haha, I love your question 11!

5. Johanna writes

Mina favoritskräckisar är Romeros gamla zombie-rullar. Framför allt de från 60- och 70-talet. De är i och för sig inte ett dugg läskiga, men himla bra ändå!

6. Dess - Drömteori writes

Skoj läsning, mer sånthär :D

7. Maria writes

I think Mulan is not stupid, but she’s the only one… About horrors, I like old ones mostly. My favourite are Dracula (1931) and Black Cat (1934), both are with Bela Lugosi who scares me just with his eyes, haha.
    Dark fuchsia looks fantastic on you!

8. ERIKA writes

Please, I need to know what is the lipstick under the question number 8. It’s sooooooo beautiful. Thank you, Erika

9. Kristina writes

My favorite horror movie is the Audition, i love them all but american horror movies rely way too heavily on music to scare you with asian films its just silence!

10. Emilie writes

Hah, omg! Här fick jag något att bita i :D

11. Umapuma writes

Hooray for cruelty free cosmetics! That pic of the sparkly blue eyeshadow is lovely.. I like all the Rob Zombie flicks, Dead Girl, TrickrTreat and Borderland.

12. Cecilie writes

That My little pony look is so gorgeous! Love the colors together! :D

13. Amanda writes

Tokyo Gore Police is pretty great with its subtle (and not so subtle) social commentary. I love zombies and Romero always has a place in my heart, but I think one of the best zombie movies is Return of the Living Dead.

Thanks for the great blog, Viola. I use your photos and looks for inspiration every day and I love your bright looks and lip colors.

14. Helga writes

MULAN! Fetaste Disney-figuren. Om du inte sett den, dooo it! :)

15. Nadine writes

The woman in black! Utrolig bra film! :D

16. María writes

My favorite look among the ones you have done is also “My Little Pony look ” and this is the first pic I saw from you while googling “Curaçao palette looks” , a Spanish blogger had linked those pictures and your name to her blog. Your job looked so perfect that I wanted to see more looks from you………. and since that day, I always follow your blog, it’s loveley!

17. Lisanne blogt writes

I did this tag too and liked it a lot. Nice to read your answers and get to know a little more about you :D

18. lenorca writes

Den mest skrämmande filmen jag någonsin sett är nog utan tvekan den thailändska Shutter från 2004 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0440803/ ). Fy fan så ja skrek!

19. Claudia writes

I am Cuban so it is an honor for me to hear you would love to discover of my country. It is a country that stopped in time and where the people are firendly and happy despite the circumstances. Really hope yoiu visit some day you will have a blast! a unique experience.

20. Tag: 11 questions (in Swedish) - Killer Colours | Rodeo Magazine writes

[...] blev taggad av Karin på Karins Konstgrepp att göra 11 frågor-taggen, och den har jag ju redan gjort en gång så jag besvarar bara hennes frågor nu och taggar inte vidare. Karins frågor var lite mer [...]