Today a whole set of studio stuff arrived at my door (3 softboxes, a black backdrop, a good reflector) so I’m kind of planning on making a new start, I will from now on be able to document and photograph makeup looks during other hours of the day than just the well-lit ones, and I will probably step up my YouTube game at the same time. I’m excited!
I gave the stuff a test run today to photograph a makeup look using the new IsaDora Bohemian Flair collection for fall 2016. Out in stores now! I haven’t shown you the collection as a whole (check it out over at Purity), but here’s a handful of the cool toned products that go beautifully together. Do you want to see more from this yummy collection maybe?
Overall I can mention that the new Lip Desire Sculpting Lipsticks are pretty, but they are quite damn slippery. You definitely benefit from buying the matching Sculpting Lipliner which will make the colour stand out and the result more budge proof, plus the fact that the pencils themselves are of SUCH great quality! You will find yourself reaching for them with other lipsticks too.
The Eye Shadow Quartet in Soft Suede is lovely in texture and has beautiful greyish lilac colours, but the colour depth is quite bland. I often find that IsaDora palettes have that problem, am I the only one? There is no pale highlight shade and there is no deep smokey shade, just four “kinda similar” shades that you can’t really build a dimensional look with. I had to use my face highlight as an inner corner highlight just to kick the eye off.
- Lumene Nude Perfection Fluid Foundation – Classic Beige (1)
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer – Fair Neutral
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Power – Diffused Light
- IsaDora Perfect Blush – Bare Berry
- Phee’s Makeup Tips Pressed Glow Highlight Powder – Mariposa
- Sigma Beauty Brow Powder Duo – Medium
- Milani Brow Shaping Clear Gel
- IsaDora Eye Shadow Quartet – Soft Suede
- IsaDora Insane Volume Lash Styler Mascara
- IsaDora Sculpting Lipliner – Rum Raisin
- IsaDora Lip Desire Sculpting Lipstick – Rum Raisin
The IsaDora Bohemian Flair collection products I used for this look. Eye Shadow Quartet in Soft Suede, Sculpting Lipliner in Rum Raisin, Lip Desire Sculpting Lipstick in Rum Raisin, Perfect Blush in Bare Berry. Nail polish is Soft Suede from the same collection.