I’ve had a major Björk moment this spring and summer. I don’t know what it is, she has been a huge inspiration of mine for so so so many years, but this year she has been extra important. I have mentioned before being incredibly inspired by Vulnicura, her latest album, and did a makeup look based on the song Family back in July.
The song Hyperballad has been running through my mind a lot lately. It’s about a couple living on a big cliff, she wakes up early every morning throwing things off the cliff while imagining how her body would sound like slamming against those rocks. I go through all this before you wake up so I can feel happier to be safe up here with you. This song just grabs a hold of me with its brittleness, I have probably heard it a million times now, but it still gives me the most pleasant chills. Exactly the kick that my (currently very low level of) inspiration needed.
I felt the urgent need to smudge a unforgiving poisonous shade of blue on top of the most organic makeup look I could ever create. The mix of synthetic and organic, mechanical and chaotic, her curious way of exploring those elements is so damn pure. It gets me every time.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation – 1.0
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer – Fair Neutral
- Benecos Lipstick – Pink Honey (as blush)
- Sigma Beauty Brow Pencil – Dressed Up (as freckles)
- IsaDora Glossy Eyeliner – Swedish Blue
- Sigma Beauty Brow Powder Duo – Medium
- Milani Brow Shaping Clear Gel
- Benecos Lipstick – Pink Honey