The NARS spring 2016 collection is called Nouvelle Vogue and features a bunch of soft rosy neutrals with contrasting icy mint and bright blue. Those are the shades that we’re looking at today! The Dual Intensity Eyeshadow is a powder shadow that you can apply both wet and dry, let’s take a look at two of the three new colours.
Tarvos is a icy mint colour, almost a bit duochrome as it shifts in aqua when applied. I thought this shadow would be easy to dupe, hard to use and end up at the back of a drawer, but I was sooo wrong. The extreme shine makes it the perfect inner corner highlighter, also when layered over other shadows it turns all different colours. I have worn this both with brights (like the blue below) and also with neutrals, works just fine both ways. It’s almost as intense applied dry as wet!
Cressida is a bright blue with a soft pink/aqua sheen that gives it dimension. It’s not quite as bright as the in-your-face 80′s blue, it’s a bit hazier and softer which makes it less scary to wear day to day. The formula of this one is not as good, it is drier and is a bit hard to layer to a full coverage without a damp brush or pressing it on with a finger. It can be a good thing though as it’s great for sandwiching colours in a dark smokey eye, it would bring depth instead of just covering everything else up. But with looks like this it needs a little extra lovin’.
NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Tarvos and Cressida. I love the pattern on these shadows!
Tarvos dry & wet, Cressida dry & wet.
Cressida applied on the outer 2/3 of the lids, Tarvos applied all over the inner corner and blended out towards the middle of the lids. The colour you get when blending these shadows together is so fantastic!
- Lumene Longwear Blur Foundation – 0 Light Ivory
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – Fair
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Impalpable Finishing Powder – Diaphanous
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder – Bronze 03
- Too Faced Love Flush Long-Lasting Blush – I Will Always Love You
- Make Up Store Wonder Powder – Sahara
- Viseart Neutral Matte Eye Palette 01 – 12
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade – Medium Brown
- Milani Brow Shaping Clear Gel
- NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow – Tarvos, Cressida
- KIKO Cosmetics Colour Definition Eyeliner And Kajal – Darling Butter (01)
- Kevyn Aucoin The Volume Mascara
- TheBalm Pretty Smart/Read My Lips Lip Gloss – SNAP!