What’s your favourite body lotion?
- Dream Cream from LUSH does the job, I always fall back on it because it’s amazing, simple as that. Smells herbal and moisturizes the skin deeply without making it sticky.
Favourite mineral makeup?
- I would probably say Meow Cosmetics on this one. The eyeshadows are mesmerizing, I’ve found so many great shades. The foundations are unbeatable in quality, they come in millions of shades and three different formulas to suit your taste.
How do you avoid getting brush marks when you paint your nails?
- It’s a question of practice! Don’t use too many stroaks when painting is probably my main tip. Here’s a video on how I paint my nails!
My cake eyeliner from Make Up Store smudges even though I wear a primer, how come?
- I would guess that it’s because you only use it with water (which makes it easy to dissolve). Try using a mixing medium instead, that will definitely seal it into place! Illamasqua Sealing Gel is a good alternative.
What’s the best palette of matte eyeshadows?
- The Sleek MakeUP Ultra Matte V1 and V2 are both great matte palettes, one with brighter colours and one with neutrals.
Sleek MakeUP Ultra Matte V1 and V2
What’s your favourite organic mascara?
- Lotus Organic Mascara is wonderful, it gives me the most fantastic wispy natural lashes ever.
Do you know of any good waterproof mascaras?
- I don’t dig the waterproof ones that dry sticky like glue, I like waterRESISTANT mascaras that won’t run if you get wet but will start to smear a bit if you rub your eyes. Those are easier to get rid of and they feel less harsh on the eyes. In that case I love both the Lotus Organic Mascara mentioned above and Oriflame Hyperstretch for more dramatic lashes.
How do you make your lashes look polished and separated?
- In my opinion – it’s all about finding the right mascara for you. Most mascaras look shitty on my lashes, that’s why I don’t vary my mascaras a lot. I’ve gone through soooo many and ended up with only a few that I really dig.
You used to have thinner eyebrows and now they’re thicker, how did you grow them out?
- I must be honest and say that I was just lucky to have them grow back with full force. I haven’t done anything special, just let them grow!
What hair dye do you use (the one you’ve got right now)?
- My hair is dyed by my hairdresser Roger at Cybtekk, I know that it’s a Davines permanent dye in the roots and Davines Finest Pigment in the lengths/ends.
How do you do the pinup bandana hairstyle?
- I do it in two different ways, either just a folded flat piece that I wear tied around my head with the knot on top, or the Rosie version (starts at about 4:50):
Do you have any tips on how to wear lip products with confidence?
- Practice wearing them at home. When you’re not used to seeing yourself in the mirror wearing lippies you’ll feel unsafe wearing them out. So just whip ‘em out and try them on! Maybe start with a soft colour close to your lips if you want to be very gentle on your soul? Or just go fullblown crazy with your favourite look right away, you’re the one who decides, no one else!
What to do when you eat or drink while wearing something on your lips?
- I try not to wear the darkest of colours, like dark wine shades or so, when I know that I will be eating lots. Drinking is easier because it only affects the inner rim of the lip (and even less if you lick the glass before drinking, great tip!) which is easy to touch up even without a mirror. When you know you’ll eat greasy food (which dissolves lip products) or stuff that might go all over your face, then stay close to your natural lip colour if you want to feel safe. Or just skip the lippies, I tend to do that. I don’t want to get bothered while eating yummy food.
Glossy claws, purrty lips, serious eyebrows and a passion for beauty with brains.
My name is Viola Holmgren and I've been representing Swedish beauty bloggerism (yes. we're a cult) since 2008. I focus on cruelty free beauty and I love the feeling of finding cool products that have gone under the radar.
Makeup doesn't have rules. The only person who decides what's right or wrong and if you're wearing it or not is you, that's where my job as a blogger comes in. Use my experience as a guide or an inspiration towards finding your own way!