My powder gets cakey and patchy during the day, is the problem my powder or foundation? Does it get patchy because I don’t use a primer?
- This is a really hard question that is nearly impossible for me to answer. Do you use a foundation that’s suitable for your skin type? A powder with too high coverage? An oil based moisturizer with a water based foundation or the other way around? Do you just apply too much powder during the day? Start exchanging your routine part by part and you’ll probably see the problem sooner or later. The patchiness could be because you don’t moisturize enough underneath, or just try using a primer as you said!
Any recommendations for foundations for dryish/dehydrated skin?
- Try Daniel Sandler Invisible Radiance Foundation! It’s lightweight, moisturizing and beautiful on the skin!
Is it the foundations/powders with SPF that gives my face a white flash in pictures?
- Probably! Or a face powder containing silica. They reflect light and make you look white.
How do I apply mineral makeup properly?
- Pour a little foundation into the lid. Swirl your brush in it until the brush has absorbed the product, tap the excess off against the edge of the lid. Buff your skin with the brush in circular motions as if you were buffing silver, the more you swirl the higher coverage you get! Give it some time if you want high coverage. Otherwise you could dust it on lightly with a powder brush if you want.
Am I supposed to wear powder on top of mineral foundation?
- You’re not “supposed” to need it because it’s already a powder, but if you get oily during the day just apply some translucent powder or use a blotting paper when needed!
A mineral foundation that melts into the skin looking natural but still conceals some redness?
- Meow Cosmetics Mineral Foundation in the Flawless Feline formula. It’s amazing! You can buff up to the coverage level you want. It has a great finish that looks soft and natural on the skin.
Is there a difference between expensive and cheap blushes, quality-wise?
- I rarely find that cheap blushes wears well on my skin even though they look the same application-wise, they just start fading quickly. The only blushes that I have found that are really GOOD are the Illamasqua ones. They look the same when I wash them off as when I applied them. Love
Which blush would be your favourite choice for a first time buyer with fair skin: Illamasqua Naked Rose, NARS Orgasm or the PürMinerals exotic rocks trio?
- I say Naked Rose from Illamasqua, without a doubt! It’s the PERFECT neutral cheek colour that goes with anything. It’s also the only matte one so if you would like to bling it up just buy a highlighter to put on your cheekbones.
Can you describe your skincare routine/products?
- Right now my skincare routine consists of washing in the evening with African Black Soap, moisturizing morning and evening with Yves Rocher Pure System Stop Blemish Lotion and Lumene Complete Rewind Intensive Repair Eye Cream. I make sure not to wash more than once daily, it makes a huge difference in my skin. In the morning I just need a splash of water and moisturizer!
How do I protect my face from drying out on a long flight?
- Pack a lip balm, a face cream and maybe even a translucent moisture mask (all in flight appropriate sizes that is) plus a small pack of face wipes! Don’t wear any makeup on the flight, then you’ll be able to moisten up when you want. Apply the translucent mask before falling asleep and wash it off with the wipe before landing. That will keep you fresh as a daisy.