At Christian Dior, SS14, Guido Palau and the Redken team gave us a sleek chignon. Guido used a heavy helping of Hardware 16 gel and Control Addict 28 hairspray for a stiff sculptural effect. Guido explained, ”The hair this season is without reference. It isn’t from a particular era, which I love because it makes the look feel instantly modern and fresh. The style is chic, beautiful and a bit boyish. It is a classic Dior look.” To recreate this chic French up do follow these steps.
1.Coat your hairline with Hardware 16, Gel
2. Drag a fine-toothed comb from your hairline to your roots and finish with a clean left side-part
3. Using a round brush, blow dry your hair. Add more volume by lifting the right side of your up and back as you dry it.
4. Once your hair is sufficiently dry, gather it into a low ponytail and secure it with a hair tie.
6. Twist your ponytail tightly from the base to the ends and then twist it into a low chignon.
7. Pin the Chignon in place and finish the look with a generous helping of Control Addict 28 Hairspray
Rodeo.net in collaboration with Redken. Redken Stylist: Guido Palau, Julia Watson Agency
Text by Aimee Blaut of The Formula, Photos by Matt Lever for Redken
For more information about Redken’s products, visit redken.se or your nearest Redken Club 5th Avenue salon.