Samsung approached me a couple of weeks ago and asked me if I was interested in testing one of their latest power gadgets: The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Being 100% dependent on my phone, I´m always on the lookout for things that can make both my digital life and my everyday life easier and better, so naturally I was positive to testing this after seeing great reviews.
First of all it is VERY important to clarify to all of you guys that I would never, ever write about a product I don´t like and that I can´t vouch for 100%. Being honest is extremely important to me, and I hope you all know that…That being said – let´s get down to business.
Instead of writing a long and technical review on this phone, Imma do it MY way – aka. let you know what I really loved about this phone. I was of course planning to let you know what I don´t like also, but so far there is honestly nothing I can think of…
First of all: yes it always takes time getting used to a new brand and a new phone. I myself have been testing out various brands and models over the last few years, and the truth is…within a week you´re probably best friends with your new phone. Plus all the new features keeps you going for HOURS. Hours of F.U.N!
- CAMERA: Yes I am a blogger, and I work with social media, which means a great camera is a matter of LIFE OR DEATH for me. The camera on this one is insane. Insane I tell you. Super crisp pictures, fast focus, amazing colors. An extra plus is that it takes super sharp pictures of even the smallest objects in my experience. Loves it. And oh…the selfie camera is preeeettyyyy good too compared to others I´ve tested. Quality wise, but also the fact that you don´t need extra joints to snap a picture (a very smart touch and capture function). Don´t lie…you know it matters.
- EASY CAMERA ACCESS: Oh what a Kodak moment! Oh never mind…it´s gone now. Yup. Happens to me all the time. Wait – h.a.p.p.e.n.e.d. Just two quick clicks on the home button, and the camera is ready to go. I just need to work on my finger coordination that´s all…but I´m getting there.
- SCREEN: It´s so sharp it´s unreal. I don´t even know how to put it differently. I mean..ten points.
- FAST CHARGING: I always run out of battery, so this function is a lifesaver! 10 minutes of charge can equal up to 4 hours of battery life.Fashion Week I´m ready for you!! ( earlier years: me crouched over my phone in pure desperation at some coffee bar in Paris going “Noooo…we can´t leave yet. Just ten more minutes..I need battery…BATTERYYYY! )
- POWER SAVING FEATURES: Because I need to squeeze every last drop of battery juice out of my phone always, and because this handy little feature let´s me monitor the battery usage and put the phone in Power Saving Mode and Ultra Power Saving Mode. Take a sigh of relief…your friends can still reach you…most likely.
Ok..I could go on forever seriously..but I won´t. Just know that I´m really pleased with this new relationship, and if you´re on the lookout for something new, this is one to seriously consider.
You can also take the test to see which one you are closer with – your phone or your partner.
Left: Picture taking with the front camera on the S6 Edge. Right: Picture taking with front camera with some other phone. Please don´t mind the super intense gaze – I know it´s a bit much. But how AMAZING is the quality on the left?? These are completely non-edited photos.
( This post is done in collaboration with Samsung, and represents my honest toughts on this product 100% )